And just like that, It’s the most wonderful time of the year once again. It’s always exciting to make plans with family and friends to celebrate during the holidays.
This is always a time of reflection and renewal for me. It is a time to identify new plans and embrace exciting challenges for the upcoming year. It also serves as the perfect benchmark reminding us that another successful year has passed.
You will remember some of our accomplishments this year as they have been included in various issues of The Beat:
- A new website which won the prestigious 2022 Non-Profit Standard of Excellence Award (This is like the Oscars of Digital Marketing!)
- A mural representing the Heart of Orléans
- An Orléans Pride crosswalk
- The Beat, our flagship magazine (of course!)
- Behind the Business campaign which showcased the stories behind the business – check out the article in this issue for the latest updates
- Newly designed banners representing our business community
- In-person networking events
We continued to carry out advocacy work with all three levels of government for things like COVID-19 support and reducing some of the red tape for new businesses. We also advocated on behalf of members while participating in the Orléans Corridor Secondary Plan Study review. See the article in this issue of The Beat for more info.
Our membership truly is the backbone of the Orléans economy and we’re always in awe of their success and commitment to our community. You can read about the benefits of membership from a full member and associate member in this issue of The Beat.
We look back with a sense of accomplishment, and ahead with big expectations. Please enjoy the last edition of The Beat in 2022 where we talk about some of our successes and some exciting new adventures to come.
We wish you the very best of what the holiday season represents: love, good food, peace, rest, and reflection. Happy Holidays!