The Heart of Orleans Business Improvement Area (BIA) is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, social media loving summer student to join our office for up to 16 weeks this summer!
What is a BIA? The Heart of Orleans Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a non-profit management board created by our business community in 2008. BIAs are a way for business districts to pool their resources to improve the area and speak with one voice. We do this by promoting the area as a district, advocating for our 350 members, and making streetscape improvements. You can learn more on our “About Us” webpage.
Here are the official Job Tasks:
- Supports the BIA office in developing a dynamic and interconnected community amongst all BIA small businesses (open, inclusive, connected and collaborative) through proactive, ongoing member services, advocacy and communications initiatives.
- Supports the BIA’s marketing initiatives in a way that provides consistent application of the BIA’s brand across various media channels. Media could include arange from print, online, banners, to promotional campaigns.
- Reviews and maintains the Heart of Orléans website content with relevant content in a consistent and timely manner, working within the BIA’s branding guidelines. E.g. directory updates, writing blogs.
- Coordinates the Heart of Orléans social media according to the established social media strategy. Creates timely and engaging content that is optimized for whatever platform it will be published on (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Google My Business and/or YouTube).
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal teams to ensure any content writing requests are fulfilled without errors or misinformation.
- Assists with Member Engagement activities such as coordinating and tracking on-site visits, keeping member information up to date, assisting with bi-monthly email campaigns and follow-ups.
- Handles requests for routine information, and addresses routine member issues, concerns and questions.
- Assists with organizing meetings and special member events such as networking events and information sessions.
- Assists with the administration of various streetscape initiatives such as the Banner Program and scheduling of the summer planters and tree planting.
- Provides support to BIA Office, through general office administration and participating and contributing to working groups & teams.
Here’s what makes you a great candidate:
- You’re passionate about social media and have experience managing various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
- You are creative and communicate well with excellent writing skills.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and change priorities as required.
- You work well, both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- You thrive on discovering new things, building relationships and helping others succeed.
- You have experience working with Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides.
- You have some post-secondary education.
Here’s what gets you extra brownie points!
- Experience in Marketing.
- Experience with graphics software. We use CANVA.ca.
- Previous experience working within a membership-based organization or with small businesses.
- Bilingualism (oral and written) is considered an asset.
Here’s what we will do for you:
- Provide on the job training and support.
- Develop a mentorship plan that will help you succeed with future career opportunities.
- Offer flexible working hours.
If you would like to spend your summer in the BIA, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]