Update… Contest is now closed. Winner has been selected and the winning photo will be unveiled on The Beat on June 1, 2021. Stay tuned!
What are your favorite things in the Heart of Orléans BIA?
Attention photographers of all ages! This is a call for both professional and amateur – especially amateur – photographers!
Submit your photos to the Heart of Orléans’ #PicturePerfectBIA Campaign and help us celebrate and share the awesomeness that is Orléans.
For inspiration, your submitted photograph should answer the question, “What are some of my favorite things to see and do within the Heart of Orléans BIA?”
Post your photo by April 26, 2021 to the Heart of Orléans BIA’s Twitter or Facebook page with the hashtags #heartoforleans and #PicturePerfectBIA or send the picture as an attachment to an email to [email protected].
The winner will not only receive citywide bragging rights but will be featured on the cover of The Beat magazine! PLUS receive a Personal Photography Session by ChristinaLH Photography
It’s easy to participate!
- Take a photo of your favorite landmark, building, product, food item, or landscape in the BIA or your family and friends visiting a BIA Business (with their permission, of course). Even if it’s a curbside visit!
- Post your photo to the Heart of Orléans’ Facebook page or Twitter page by April 26, 2021 using the hashtags #heartoforleans and #PicturePerfectBIA.
- If you do not have social media accounts, you can also send the picture as an attachment to [email protected]
- Multiple submissions (different photos) are encouraged.
- The winner will be notified via the method the photo was submitted and announced on all our social media platforms.
We would like to see photographs that:
- Answer the question, “What are some of my favorite things to see and do within the BIA?”
- Are original and creative.
- May include pictures of your family members or friends doing something within the BIA (with their permission and following Ottawa Public Health guidelines)
- May be inside or outside places of business
- May include landscape or landmarks
By submitting a photo, participants give the Heart of Orléans BIA permission to use the photograph in the BIA’s promotional materials.
Heart of Orléans Photo Contest Competition – Terms and Conditions
Anyone, including business owners, is welcome to participate.
- The picture should include a description of the item photographed, the location the photo was taken, and the photographer’s name.
- The BIA may post online, reproduce, or otherwise use the winning artwork and written submissions in any way it deems fit. We will do our best to credit the photographer but this may not always be possible.
- Submissions will be accepted in the following electronic formats:
- Photos posted on the BIA’s Facebook page
- Photos posted on the BIA’s Twitter page
- Photos sent as an attachment to the BIA’s email: [email protected]
- The panel of judges will be comprised of the BIA’s Marketing Team
- Winning submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and originality
- That the photo is taken within the BIA boundaries
- Following the terms and conditions
- The deadline for submissions is April 26, 2021.
The BIA will post the winning submission on the BIA’s social media platforms in May, 2021.
Cover of The Beat
The winning picture will appear on the cover of the summer edition of The Beat, published in June 2021.
Personal Photography Session by ChristinaLH Photography
Up to 45 minutes of shoot time on a mutually agreed upon date, time either on site in studio or at an offsite outdoor location for a family of up to six people (pet may be included). Guidance in preparation also included by the photographer. Deliverables: A variety of photo proofs from which the recipient may choose five (5) high resolution photos all delivered securely via Dropbox. Value: $125.00. Valid for one year from date of issuance.