Get Involved!Looking for a way to make a difference in your community? Here's how.
There are so many ways that you could add value to the Heart of Orléans BIA, share some great experiences, and feel part of the community. Here are a few. Please reach out if you’d like to talk further.
We have volunteer opportunities throughout the year, and we can hook you up with organizers of many local festivals and events that could use volunteer help as well.
BE LOCALLY MINDED
The best way to support the Heart of Orléans district is to frequent our many shops and services. Enjoy our restaurants, find your services professionals (health and wellness, financial and legal, to name a few), take in a movie, a live show, or join one of the arts and culture organizations in our district.
More money stays in the community – about 67 cents of every dollar – when people support local business. This has an even greater impact when businesses purchase their supplies locally, hire local staff, and give back directly to community groups and projects.
Feel in the know by joining our mailing list. You will receive our monthly e-magazine, The Beat, and occasionally other emails to keep you informed about what is happening on the Boulevard.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We have several teams that work on fun and challenging initiatives throughout the year.
- The Marketing & Promotion Team helps make the Heart of Orléans brand come to life, marketing the district as a whole, publishing The Beat, promoting events, and more. The BIA has a Marketing Strategic Plan that guides the work of this team. You can read more about Marketing & Promotions here.
- The Member Engagement Team works on getting to know the business community in Orléans, and connecting people in meaningful ways. We bring business people together several times a year by sponsoring the Ottawa Board of Trade’s Local Breakfast series in Orléans. You can read more about Member Engagement here.
- The Streetscape & Beautification Team works on making St-Joseph Boulevard more attractive – through graffiti removal, lighting, banners, and more. And there is a long-term Streetscape Strategic Plan to make the district more walkable, bikeable, and connected to future light rail. You can read more about our Streetscape & Beautification initiatives here.
- The Festivals & Events Team supports local events throughout the year, including the Orléans Craft Beer Festival, Orléans Ribfest, Fête Frissons, the Shenkman Arts Centre’s Summer Series, Santa’s Parade of Lights, and more. We also create and present Dinner Under the Stars, an exclusive event celebrating all things local. You can read more about our Festivals & Events here.
- The Economic Development Team works on making the vision of Orléans a reality. Key priorities include revitalizing St-Joseph Boulevard, championing an east end economic corridor around the four future light rail stops in Orléans, and bringing major employers to our community. You can read more about our Economic Development initiatives here.
BE PART OF THE BOARD
The BIA is governed by a Board of Management, made up of BIA members (members are business owners and commercial property owners in the district). To find out if there is a vacant position, and if you are interested in being part of the Board, please contact our Executive Director.
We have put together a handy list of the top ten ways you can get involved. Download it today, share with your friends!