We recognize that top performers are different. What they value is not the same as what the average employee values in a role. Dr. John Sullivan created an excellent list of what he calls “excitement factors” for top performers. These are the things that they look for in employment, what gets them out of bed in the morning. Here’s his list:
- Doing the best work of my life
- Doing work that has an impact on the customers and the world
- Having a great manager
- An opportunity to innovate and take risks
- An opportunity to learn rapidly and be challenged
- The opportunity to implement their ideas
- A choice of projects and assignments
- A chance to work with the latest technologies and tools
- Input into their schedule/ location
- An opportunity to work with top co-workers
- The opportunity to make decisions and for fast approvals
- Working in a performance-driven meritocracy where rewards are based on performance
- A transparent environment where the needed information and access is readily available
- Sufficient budget and resources to reach their goals
Do any of the items on this list resonate with you? Are you looking for a job where you can satisfy some of the items on this list? Or maybe you have your own list…
In the Heart of Orléans, we have numerous opportunities that pop up regularly. Whether you are interested in retail, the food industry or services, we’ve got you covered. Here is a list of job opportunities presently available in the BIA district. Perhaps one will help you realize YOUR employment goals.
Be sure to check back regularly.
Miriam Centre, 107-1803 St-Joseph Boulevard
Miriam Centre, a Christian ministry, is seeking a compassionate pro-life person whose primary responsibility will be to help pregnant women and their families. Must be fluently bilingual (oral and written), have good knowledge and experience in management and computer skills. For job posting see: https://miriamcentre.ca/contact-us/
Please submit your resume to: Sr. Rita Lacelle, 107-1803 St-Joseph Blvd., Orléans, ON K1C 6E7 or [email protected]
Personal and Administrative Assistant
Centrum Pharmacy, 210 Centrum Boulevard
Administrative and Personal Assistant required for Clinic Manager. The position requires the candidate to be able to perform duties in two main categories: Personal Assistant responsibilities and computer and office maintenance. They will:
- Manage the Executive’s schedules.
- Working with the Executive in facilitating day to day tasks.
- Assistance with personal needs such as running errands, taking vehicles for maintenance, purchasing supplies, refreshments, gifts etc.
- Driving for deliveries and to appointments and airport
- Handle confidential information.
- Maintain the security of the executive’s records and files.
- Perform tasks using independent judgment and discretion; e.g., preparing documents and presentation materials; screening and responding to incoming correspondence, inquiries, and phone calls; drafting letters; arranging and attending meetings; taking and distributing minutes
- Managing calendar/appointments/meetings
- Leading and coordinating multiple events from planning to execution.
- Order office supplies and maintain levels of supply when needed.
- Create presentations and other working documents for the President.
- Coordinate courier and shipments, as required.
- Deliver and pick up business related supplies in the immediate geographic area
- Work with executive administrative team to create spreadsheets and presentation information and business organization.
- Prepare the conference room for presentations and staff meetings.
- Other administrative tasks, as requested.
- Light repairs and maintenance – Changing light bulbs, minor repairs to office furniture, etc.
- Microsoft Windows updates
- Printer and network troubleshooting and install, etc.
- Moving files and boxes to and from storage, as such physical strength will be required
Alterna Savings, 210 Centrum Boulevard
Registered Massage Therapist (RMT)
PURE Holistic Centre, 1803 St-Joseph Boulevard
PURE Holistic Centre is seeking Registered Massage Therapist to join our growing team of healthcare professionals. They are a health and wellness centre located in East of Ottawa, Orleans. Are you searching a calm environment with ample of room space? The successful applicant will grow own client base plus referral. Create your own hours. No salary cap. Offering 30/70 split. If you are looking to be part of a fun and nurturing environment, attaining your professional development goals whiles being valued and appreciated for the professional you are, then PURE Holistic Wellness Centre is the place for you!
The preferred candidate is certified, has great communication skills and is familiar with treating variety of Massage Therapy techniques. Position:
- New RMT grads are also welcome to apply!
- Choose your hours: Monday to Sunday.
- Competitive : 1hr $61.33 ~ 45 min $49.56 ~ 30 min $39.03
- Equipment and supplies provided. Linen service provided.
- Scheduling application booking confirmations
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
- Professional liability insurance.
- Maintain accurate electronic patient case notes and reports.
- Electronic online schedule and documentation.
- The position is available immediately.
If interested please apply with Resume or contact Kamy 613-261-4233 WWW.PUREHolistic.ca