Are you our next Member Concierge?
If you are selected to become our next Membership Concierge, you will become the first point of contact and champion for the membership of The Heart of Orléans Business Improvement Area (BIA). You will work with a small dynamic team committed to providing exceptional service and a positive experience when engaging the BIA office.
Reports to: Member Services Manager
Location: Orléans, Ontario (Hybrid)
Status: Full time Employee
Compensation: $50,000-$65,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Primary Position Requirements
Your role is important to the organization. There are four key areas where you will need to demonstrate your excellence. You will need to exhibit your capabilities in the following areas:
- You speak, read and write fluently in English and French.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a Customer Service environment creating memorable experiences.
- You have basic financial management skills to support payment processing.
- You are extremely positive, professional and supportive to ensure the smooth running of the organization.
We aren’t just looking for anyone to fill this new position. We are looking for someone very special – someone who is extremely passionate about connecting, serving and supporting both our business community and our internal staff and board members.
- You have a post secondary education and/or equivalent experience in a related field.
- You are comfortable and confident using a cloud based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and Microsoft Office.
- You elevate the member experience by being a strong listener and exceptional service provider.
- You have the ability to develop a deep understanding of the organization to support both members and the team.
- You have experience responding and providing support to clients/members in a timely manner.
- You have general administrative experience to efficiently maintain office operations.
- You have spent time preparing and organizing meetings, taking minutes and tracking action items and deliverables.
- You have experience supporting the development of succinct procedures and systems.
- You have a deep passion for working with and serving people.
- You easily build rapport with just about anyone.
- Others describe you as an outgoing and engaging individual and you feel the same way.
- You are persistent and always find the positive in the toughest of situations.
- You are an adaptable, flexible person who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Accountability is important to you.
- You can successfully manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and on time.
- You can demonstrate an increase of member/client engagement and satisfaction over time.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are an active, creative thinker and problem solver.
- You have a detailed understanding of how the organization supports its members.
- You are proactively member/client focused.
- You are detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Being supportive, helpful and engaged is important to you.
- You are always in motion.
Work Environment (Fit)
BIAs are a way for business districts to pool resources to improve the area, and speak with one common voice. We do this by promoting the area as a district, advocating on behalf of our members, and making improvements to the streetscape.
We strive to be a strong community leader, influencing decisions for Orléans, and inspiring positive change. The BIA is also very committed to advocating for and promoting our district, and empowering our members. We nurture an engaged and enthusiastic membership that reflects and values our vibrant community and also strive to create a trendy destination to attract new business and visitors.
- ou will work directly for the Member Services Manager in the Heart of Orléans BIA who ensures the team carries out the mandate as it relates to member services and according to the strategic direction of the board of directors.
- We are committed to meeting the needs of our members so we are naturally flexible, responsive, and adaptable in our approach.
- We occasionally work outside normal business hours.
- Our team members work well both as a group and independently.
- We value accountability and transparency in our work.
- Our office is the hub of activity. We meet regularly and often to communicate the progress we are making and to ensure we are aligned as a team.
- We believe we are “stronger together”. Together, we are a small but mighty team who support one another, laugh often and genuinely care about each other.
To begin, you will work out of our business hub which is located in the beautiful Shenkman Arts Centre. Then, you may transition to working remotely at times as we operate using a hybrid business model.
Ready to join us?
If you are serious about becoming a part of The Heart of Orléans BIA team, here’s what you need to do next:
- Send an email to The Heart of Orléans BIA ([email protected]) titled Member Services Manager.
- In the email, please provide the following information:
- Introduction to yourself
- Relevant qualifications
- Reasons why you want to be a part of our BIA team.
- Please attach your resume to the email.
We respect the effort and energy you put into your application and will review each one. However, we will only be following up with applications that we believe are qualified for the next level of our hiring process.