Get Involved!Looking for a way to make a difference in your community? Here's how.
There are so many ways that you could add value to the Heart of Orléans BIA, share some great experiences, and feel part of the community. Here are a few. Please reach out if you’d like to talk further.
We have volunteer opportunities at community events throughout the year, helping out at our summer market, and we’re looking for green thumbs to help beautify the district.
The best way to support our St-Joseph district is to frequent our many shops and services. Enjoy our restaurants, find your services professionals (health and wellness, financial and legal, to name a few), take in a movie, a live show, or join one of the arts and culture organizations in our district.
Feel in the know by joining our mailing list. You will receive our monthly e-magazine, The Beat, and occasionally other emails to keep you informed about what is happening on the Boulevard.
Join our team
We have several teams what work on fun and challenging initiatives throughout the year.
- The Marketing Team works on making the Heart of Orléans brand come to life, marketing the district as a whole, publishing The Beat, promoting events, and more. The BIA has a Marketing Strategic Plan that guides the work of this team, with a new initiative in 2017 to help tell the personal stories behind our businesses.
- The Member Engagement Team is a great way to get to know your business neighbours. We aim to visit every business in the St-Joseph district at least once in 2017.
- The Streetscape and Beautification Team has a great new initiative with Communities in Bloom in 2017. In addition, this team works on graffiti removal, lighting, banners, and more. The BIA has a long-term Streetscape Strategic Plan that guides the work of this team.
- The Marché Team works on making our summer market come to life. Selecting vendors with fresh, local and handmade wares, working with volunteers, helping showcase other community and non profits throughout the summer, and bringing entertainment and kid-friendly activities to the Marché are some of the things this team is working on.
- The Festivals and Events Team supports local events throughout the year, including Orléans Ribfest, Fete Frissons, the Orléans Craft Beer Festival, Santa’s Parade of Lights, and more.
Let’s get social
Be part of the Board
The BIA is governed by a Board of Management, made up of BIA members (members are business owners and commercial property owners in the district). If you are interested in being part of the Board, please contact our Executive Director.